I am very excited to introduce guest author Lori of Make Up by Lori, a model, mother, and accomplished makeup artist with extensive experience working with lines from MAC to Chanel. Lori graciously offered to share with us the nuts and bolts of a dramatic look, using some of her favorite products. Enjoy! Janea
We all have our standard everyday look. For many of us, that means simple and natural with glowing skin. And then there are those times when we want something extra, a little drama: we’re preparing for a special evening out, fancy party, or event in which the dress code is all-out formal – and we want an added boost of color.
Let me share with you exactly how to achieve the stunningly dramatic look modeled above by Taylor:
- Prep with Rodan + Fields Multi-Function Eye Cream, on a clean moisturized face.
- Cover the whole eyelid with a vanilla-colored shadow.
- Use brown shadow only in the crease. Blending is key to all makeup! Go by the bone of the eyelid and roll with the brush; we call this “rocket in the socket.”
- Fill in and define eyebrows. I used Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills in the caramel color.
- Line eyes with black liquid liner only on top.
- Use plenty of black mascara. I swear by Arbonne It’s a Long Story mascara! In my opinion, it is the best one out there: not only does it do everything a mascara should do, but it also nourishes the lashes, allowing them to grow long and luscious.
- Dot the face with concealer where needed and blend, blend, blend! I love IT Cosmetics® Bye Bye Anti-Aging Under Eye concealer in light medium.
- Apply an illuminator to the apples of the cheeks. I used NARS® Orgasm (I still can’t say that with a straight face!)
- Lastly, cover the entire lips with a berry lip liner and apply a thin layer of neutral lipstick.
Favorite product highlights:
I am sold on IT Cosmetics® Bye, Bye Under Eye concealer – with vitamin A – which I use instead of foundation. I dot it only where I might want to cover a dark spot or area and blend with fingertips. I also love NARS® Illuminator for the apples of my cheeks – again, using fingertips to blend. Both of these products give that youthful, dewy look we all love! A nice, glossy lip and black mascara generously applied are the icing on the cake.
Quick but important tip:
I try to never apply makeup while in a hurry. Love yourself enough to take time for yourself. Slow down, stop the rush, and breathe!
♥️Sending you love and beauty,
Psst! Here’s a listing of the products mentioned with links to purchase them.
- Rodan + Fields Multi-Function Eye Cream
- Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills (caramel color)
- Arbonne It’s a Long Story mascara
- IT Cosmetics® Bye Bye Anti-Aging Under Eye
- NARS® Illuminator, Orgasm
Have any questions or want professional makeup services in the Portland, Oregon area? Leave a comment below or contact Lori directly ✉️: Lwillcuts@icloud.com.