In previous posts, you may have noticed Liliya’s beautiful skin. In case you’ve wondered how she maintains it, here are some secrets to her skin care regimen. Enjoy!
I thought I would write this post to share with you my skin care and beauty products. I am attaching photos of my tools – all the facial lotions and makeup I have. You can see that pretty much everything I use is La Prairie. I also use their body lotions, but that’s another story.
I usually buy my products online from the official La Prairie website; delivery is free, and I always get a free sample of something wonderful. They also have frequent promotions – if you spend $300-400 (and you will need to spend that much if you buy a treatment) you receive a free travel-sized set.
The travel kit usually includes a toiletries bag with night and day lotions and eye care or toner. It is super convenient, because with that, you don’t need to pack big bottles – regular-sized La Prairie toners come in glass bottles – or check luggage on airplanes.
So, that’s one of my secrets – place a full order (when you need a lot of items) and get your gift.
Now for my list of must-haves by La Prairie. I have their make-up, including foundation, powder, and blush, in addition to body products. I don’t use all of them daily, but I couldn’t live without them. Here are my top 5:
- Body spray. It’s just beautiful. Smells like heaven. It might not smell the same in the bottle, but when it touches the skin – forget it!
- Foundation. The line recently redesigned the bottle and now it’s dark blue to match the Caviar collection. It is so convenient – two products in one: a foundation and concealer – very cool. The only problem is that again, the bottle is glass, and so it’s not for traveling.
- Facial cleanser. I’ve tried every single one they have, and I feel that the one in the Marine Biology line is the best.
- Blush. They have many different types, but my favorite is the soft, creamy Cellular Radiance blush.
- Last but not least is the eye lotion. I prefer the Cellular Revitalizing gel for daytime, and eye cream from the Cellular Radiance line at night.
Someone might ask, “Why would anyone spend $700 for facial skin care or around $2,000 for the whole line?” First of all, it lasts a long time – seriously! Secondly, while shoes and clothes come and go, you are stuck with your skin and face for life; so, you’d better take care of it, right?
If you need to save money on something, I think it’s better to do so on shoes (yes, I said it!) You can also save by combining pieces from H&M or Forever 21 with higher-end garments in your wardrobe, and the looks might actually work better than head-to-toe Prada.
In my opinion, beautiful glowing skin and a good French manicure are all you need to be irresistible; the rest is just fabric and other materials.
All the photos in this post are of me without makeup, with the exception of the one in the mirror – as you know, it’s a requisite shot for beauty posts. It is a pretty hard thing to do – to post yourself without make up. It feels pretty vulnerable.
I’m reminded of a great quote by Oscar Wilde:
“A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction.”
But my point is to show that good skin care of your face pays off. The only thing I hide is freckles. Other than that, I am very satisfied with my skin, and I think a big part of it is that I’ve been using La Prairie for many years. I don’t want to make this sound like an ad, but hey, I’d be okay with being asked to be a La Prairie face model – JK. ????
Note: Liliya endorses one brand of beauty and skin care products over others, but don’t worry: nobody paid or promised us anything in return. These are Liliya’s real-life beauty secrets!